Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Free rusted metal

On 29/08/2020 18:49, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
I wonder if some kind of reverse electrolysis is possible? The problem is
though, even if you get it all to move, how much damage has been done to the
surfaces and hence any kind of precision movement.

With cast stuff like that, usually surprisingly little. I have watched
the like of Keith Rucker restoring some old machine where you think that
a part is rusted beyond saving, and yet a good soak in evaporust seems
to have it back in a surprisingly good condition.

--
Cheers,

John.