Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default TV Licence - auto renew?

On 29 Aug 2020 at 19:35:49 BST, "Harry Bloomfield, Esq."
wrote:

charles brought next idea :
Thatb whatb the form is for: asking you to pay this way. By returning it
you give permission.

No, it takes the form of a statement that they WILL take the annual
payment within 3 days of the 1st Sept., and the account details from
which they intend to take it. I don't recall ever having given them
permission to auto-renew my TV licence.

It does ask that I update my bank account details, if they are not
current.

I think if you grant them a direct debit then the small print says you agree
to auto-renew. I remember noticing that at the time I gave them my account
details.

--
Roger Hayter