Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Chipped drinking glasses

On 29/08/2020 13:32, wrote:
On Friday, 28 August 2020 14:00:35 UTC+1, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
"pinnerite" wrote in message

Does anyone know of a grinding service anywhere near the Harrow/
Hillingdon/Watford borders?

Erm, what sort of glass are they? I remember a friend of mine taking such
things to a friend to sort, and the minute he tried the glass shattered.
Brian

Regular diamond AG discs mostly break glass too. I suspect it's down to grit size, but didn't experiment enough to be confident of that.

NT

Diamond grit is going to be pretty fine, but a disk is likely to be the
wrong geometry. Only very light pressure is needed.