Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Bit of searching help, please - alternative for failed delivery

On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 14:21:12 +0100, Theo wrote:

David wrote:
I ordered this from Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007YUO762/
However the delivery vanished and I have been refunded.
I have no idea if this was a one off failure but I am disinclined to
order again from the same source.

I want a screw down window stay in bright metal (that is, SS, chrome,
brass not black) which is as long as possible. Over 300 mm but longer
is better.

Several on ebay, search 'screw down window stay -250mm'
Most are 300mm/12" - not sure if that's enough.
Ironmongery Direct have a few more 300mm too - I'm sure other sources
will have similar.

If you want to go beyond 12" it gets more tricky.

Theo

305 mm was a compromise.
I really want something longer, but as you say most seem to be 250 mm.

The window is nearer the size of a small door.
Roughly 840 mm wide and 1650 mm tall.
So wider than the average door but not quite as tall.
Oak frame, custom built.
Two windows, in fact, more like French Windows.

So a longer stay would be good, but there doesn't seem to be much out
there for windows nearly as big as doors.

Cheers

Dave R