Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Portable A/C vent into fireplace?

On Thursday, 27 August 2020 16:50:49 UTC+1, Fredxx wrote:
On 27/08/2020 16:35:19, tabbypurr wrote:
On Thursday, 27 August 2020 11:46:19 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 27 Aug 2020 01:10:53 +0100, Fredxx wrote:

snip

Ultimately I think anyone that absolutely refuses to go get informed
& yet insists they know better when they don't even know basic stuff
is... well, not being exactly intelligent.

I was hardly informed by someone lacking intelligence saying a "crude
swamp cooler" "doesn't make indoors any damper".

And that's the thing, as soon as some people make statements like
that, many switch of and are likely to distrust everything else they
say. ;-(

If yo can't work out that swamp cooling can be done without dumping the vapour indoors then
a) you know very little about swamp cooling
b) you're playing the fool

You said a "crude swamp cooler". What you were advocating was far more
complex requiring heat exchanges.

You're not grown up enough to admit you've hopelessly misunderstood what has been said. I described 2 different evaporative cooling systems and stated clearly what I do here.