jp232

Default Shimming a Pre Hung Interior Door Questions

Hello

I am going to be installing some prehung interior doors. I've read
several articles about the procedure but leave me with a few
questions. If anyone has good knowledge of my questions I would
appreciate a tip/comment.

1) How many area's, on the hinge and striker side, should shims be
installed? Should there be 3, 5 or how many shims on each side.

2) Shim location placement. Where should the shims be located?
Should there be shims at each hinge(3 hinges total) and striker
plate?(with the remainder of the shims staggered)

Thank you for taking the time to read my post...and replying if so
inclined.