Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default water consumption

"williamwright" wrote in message
I'm just wondering how many cubic metres of water people in this group use
per week or per quarter or whatever. Mine seems very low.

The latest figures I've got are from 2011 when I last lived in a house with
a water meter. I was the only person in the house. Normal usage - baths and
showers, washing machine. Over the course of 10 years (2001 to 2011) I
averaged just under 100 litres/day - apart from one reading when the
compression fitting on the outside tap had failed (strangely in July, not a
winter month when the water might have frozen) and a lot of water came out
before I noticed the puddle outside my lounge window.