Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Cement work

On 08/28/2020 08:01 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
I've seen bugs in Raspberries and blackberries -due to the way they
are "constructed" - never seen them in strawberries - they are "built"
differently

I took a walk Sunday and it was grasshoppers galore. I was thinking of
the Indian trick of lighting the grass but there just was a grass fire
lower down the mountain and they'd be upset with another. The idea works
like a charm though. Fresh, crispy fried hoppers. The tickly little legs
burn off and best of all you don't have to chase the damn things with a net.

Ecologically, burning off the grasslands isn't a bad idea in itself. The
ash is more readily available fertilizer than waiting for the dead grass
to decompose naturally.