Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Cement work

On 8/26/20 8:34 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/26/2020 06:01 PM, philo wrote:
On 8/25/20 9:33 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/25/2020 11:17 AM, philo wrote:
I decided to re-purpose my old basement darkroom.
Bought two, 50# bags of cement to more or less level the floor. Sort of
bragging to the young woman next door to me that I can still lift 50#
bags at age 71.

Due to a low spot, mentioned that I was going to have to go back to the
store and buy one more bag.

She told me: Just a minute...than ran bag into her house and came out
carrying a 50# bag and said: here ya go, if you need more, just ask.

She did not seem to be straining at all.*

She's probably used to slinging 50# kids around...

She has no kids but I sure have seen mother's toting kids I probably
could not handle.

The gym I used to go to had a woman who competed in several matches. I
could out lift her in the dead lift but she beat me all to hell in the
bench press. Nothing special and not one of those freaky women you see
just a middle aged farm girl who found out she was good at the bench press.

Having long arms and a wonky shoulder didn't do me any favors on the bench.

Last time I lifted weights was 1969.

When I got drafted, I left them behind in the apartment.

In basic I got my chance to lift weights.

We had to pick up a guy about our own size, throw them over our shoulder
and run with them for I think 100 yards.

It was tough but even worse actually was being carried!

A rough ride it was.