Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default 1/2" CDX

On Thursday, August 27, 2020 at 9:03:02 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Click on the second video with a guy climbing around on his car.

https://www.click2houston.com/weathe...theyre-seeing/

Well, I would give her a second opinion. She likely doesn't know any better, in that, she used the wrong terminology. That water is more likely standing rain water, flooding capacity. It hasn't drained because the surge water is keeping it from draining normally. Even at that time of day, though the eye of the hurricane is well north, circulating winds are still coming in from the Gulf, from off shore, still pushing Gulf water onto the farther east Louisiana coast. In all those areas the surge (nor the rain water) won't totally recede for a few days, a week in some areas. She not so wrong, but I think she just used the wrong term at the moment.

Sonny