Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default 1/2" CDX

On 8/27/2020 6:33 PM, Sonny wrote:
On Thursday, August 27, 2020 at 1:29:08 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 8/25/2020 6:23 PM, Sonny wrote:
It wasn't too long ago I bought 1/2" CDX for ~$15 a sheet. I have a nice stock pile of 1/2".... some 5/8" CDX and 5/8" T1-11, also.

Went to get more 1/2" sheets, today, for boarding up my brother's windows, in the Lake Charles area. Price at Doug Ashy is $32 a sheet, Home Depot is $30 a sheet, Lowes is $29 a sheet.

Our only consolation is doing some hoodoo, maybe send Laura Leon's way, since he and folks that way seem to have an affinity for storms and high water.

Sonny

Thank you Sonny, NO THANK YOU. It's "your storm". But in hind site
it appears that the storm surge was pretty much a non event. We heard
it would be 20 feet deep near Lake Charles. We watched a local reporter
from Houston showing what was going on in Vinton this morning. She was
showing the storm serge by standing in a rain filled ditch. No water in
the streets. The media gives Saturday Night Live a run for its money.

Hope your brother and all came through with out too much anguish.

The reporter was phony, not the storm surge. If she/her crew drove from Houston and plopped her a$$ in Vinton, of all places, then she totally missed the boat. If the storm's eye was 10-15 miles more west, both Lake Charles and Beaumont/Port Arthur would have seen much more surge via flowing into/from Sabine Pass and Calcasieu Lake. Lake Charles is 15' above sea level, Beaumont 16', Port Arthur 7'.

Click on the second video with a guy climbing around on his car.

https://www.click2houston.com/weathe...theyre-seeing/