Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default petrol lawnmowers in 2020

Jethro_uk wrote:
I would be tempted by one of the robotic lawn mowers. There are now
some that are less expensive. You probably have to set them off quite
often as the ones I have seen don't pick up the grass.

You would have thought with the deluge of "smart" things, making one that
could hold some clippings, dump them in a set location (which could have
a charger attached) and pretty much keep the lawns cut all summer.

They chop the grass super-fine to mulch it back in, and they cut every day,
so in theory you don't get snowdrifts of cut grass that you do with a
regular mower. I haven't seen them in action to know how well it works out.

Theo