Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Auto Program you TV for OTA stations

On Thu, 27 Aug 2020 11:19:55 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 8/27/20 9:26 AM, trader_4 wrote:

[snip]

Earlier in the move to ATSC FCC mandated that all TVs had to have ATSC tuners.
If TVs are available now without, I guess they must have rescinded that.

It was that the TV had to have an ATSC tuner IF it had a NTSC tuner.
Tunerless TVs got around the requirement.

BTW, at the time I remember seeing DVD recorders without tuners.

They get around the tuner requirement by calling them "monitors" and
for a given screen size they are cheaper. You can find a monitor as
big as any TV. It is going to be the same display. They even make them
"touch screen". Our village conference room has a 70" touch monitor.
It is really pretty cool. I did a water quality thing in there using
it and I liked it.