Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Auto Program you TV for OTA stations

On Thu, 27 Aug 2020 14:41:06 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 26 Aug 2020 13:16:47 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 02:45:45 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 25 Aug 2020 12:20:52 -0400,
wrote:

envision people with antenna rotators when they designed their set but
I bet that is a pretty small market share.

And how much does it cost to put in the OTA software?. Almost nothing.
To put in the OTA hardware? About a dollar.

If you sell a million TVs that is a million dollars. It is like GM not
putting the 87 cent detent in the ignition switches in a bunch of
cars. If they don't think they need it, the bean counters say don't do
it.

You could use the same logic about every feature in the tv and when you
were done all the t v's would be the lowest priced model, no good ones.

I guess you need to ask Sony. I don't design TVs but since the feature
you want isn't there,

So YOU say.

I think you already have the answer.

No I don't. You're claiming no TV SONY makes includes an OTA tuner. I
don't think so.

Try to keep up Mick. The conversation is about a tuner that remembers
channels that are dead on subsequent scans.

The OP was asking why he couldn't save all of the dead channels on a
scan and the only reason he would want to is when you are using a
rotor.

Even at the start that wasn't true. It was that the stations were in
different directions.

Then they are dead when the antenna isn't pointed at them. That was
his problem.