Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default petrol lawnmowers in 2020

On Thu, 27 Aug 2020 18:12:46 -0000 (UTC), Jethro_uk
wrote:

On Thu, 27 Aug 2020 18:20:23 +0100, T i m wrote:

Give a child an apple and a chicken and it would typically play /
interact with the chicken and eat the apple. Give a lion cub the same
and it would do the opposite.

Or not.

Typically, yes. ;-)

A while back, there was a BBC docu on the Nile, and the camera crew setup
some trapcams in Idi Amins old summer house that's been deserted since
1979. Over the 3 days there, nothing ate anything else.

?

There was some
footage of a leopard that prowled around a baby warthog that got
separated from it's mother but did nothing - just entered and left the
room.

Yes, I have seen that before (on TV) and mainly with female predators
and the young of what would normally be their prey. It's as if the
maternal instinct takes over from their prey drive.

As the narrator (rather OTT ...) noted, it was almost like there was a
sacred truce in the area.

Quite, and I think there can be, even between the creatures that some
just see as 'meat'. eg, Even animals having the ability to show
compassion.

(For lolz, one of the first cams they setup was mangled by a hyena ...)

I think they are one of the first animals I *wouldn't* trust my young
with. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3we3Yqcer0

Cheers, T i m