Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default petrol lawnmowers in 2020

On 27/08/2020 14:42, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 27 Aug 2020 14:21:50 +0100 (GMT+01:00), Stephen
wrote:

Hello, I have an electric mower but it's not very good: it gets
clogged up with wet grass

Not sure you are advised to mow 'wet grass' with any domestic mower?

and long grass will stall the motor.

You might start by considering how long it typically takes you when
the mower isn't struggling then check to see how that compares with
the advertised run time of a battery mower that fits you budget
(allowing some leeway for marketing and battery aging).

Yup IME even my petrol mowers[1] don't work well on wet grass - and will
struggle with the first cut of the season if its long and wet.
Collection and clogging being the normal problem.

About the only mowers I have heard good results for on collection of wet
grass are Contax ride ons with the rotary brush sweeper collector.

[1] Old manual 3.5hp 14" petrol Hayter, and 13.5HP 36" ride on.

--
Cheers,

John.