The Natural Philosopher

Default Tonight's Property Ladder, Channel 4

Andy Dingley wrote:

Who is Sarah Beeney ? Does she _do_ anything, or is she just someone
on the telly ?

It was remarked by someone deep in our local radio (that I happened to
overhear at a pub) that the media is now comprised of career media
people, straight out of 'meedyar studdys' who have absolutely no
experience of the real world, and are selected solely on the basis of
being able to project a false persona to the camera.

Its the same in politics.

The point is not to edcucate, or pass rational comment, merely to
entertain and gain ratings and hence advertising revenue.

Or in the case of politicians, to sell the party brand to the
electorate. It is not necessary to be able to govern or manage anything
in order to become prime minister, apart from the party apparatus,
merely be a good sales and marketing type.

Cf Phony Liar.

If only the vast numbers of people who to "polTicks and Meedyar studdys"
were being taught that...they might vote somewhat differently.