Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Auto Program you TV for OTA stations

On Wednesday, August 26, 2020 at 2:04:50 PM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
On 8/25/2020 12:46 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 24 Aug 2020 11:03:54 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Aug 2020 20:46:31 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

We have an antenna tower with a antenna rotor.
How do I auto program the channels with the rotor in use ?
Every time you start the programming, it wipes the previous channels.

I want to be able to set the antenna in one direction, Search ...
Set the antenna in another direction, Search ...

It's going to be the same set of answers you got when you asked this
question a few weeks ago.

Disconnect and optionally remove the rotor. Add a second (or more) antenna
and use a combiner so that your tuner app thinks it's all a single antenna.

I remembered the previous question but didn't realize it was the same
poster. And I remembered the multiple antennal idea, which I thought
was a good one, but I didn't suggest it here because he has a tower. I
figured antennas in his attic couldn't compete with a tower, unless
maybe he pointed the attic antenna to the nearest city and saved the
tower for distant ones. He could do that but I don't think he'll want
to.

He likely could add more antennas to a tower, all attacked on the single
top pole pointed appropriately. Then he would not have to make sure the
antenna is pointed right for every program he wants to record. It sure
worked fine with my attic antennas.

A related issue, with a rotor out there in the weather, how long does a
rotor actually last? Plus it would seem to be a PIA to have to rotate
the antenna and wait when you want to go from channel to channel.