Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_3_] Dan Espen[_3_] is offline

Default Polk County Sheriff on the rioters in neighborhoods

Ed Pawlowski writes:

On 8/27/2020 11:31 AM, Dan Espen wrote:
Ed Pawlowski writes:

On 8/27/2020 12:13 AM, Dan Espen wrote:
Ed Pawlowski writes:

On 8/26/2020 9:37 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 21:16:10 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 8/26/2020 8:03 PM, Roger Oveur wrote:

Here's one you prolly won't see on New York comPost or Chucklehead News
Network:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y89xwtatjfw

Sheriff Grady Judd is on the local news frequently. There has been a
couple of murders and his news conferences are great to watch.

Couple of days ago a guy did try to break into a house and he was shot.
His description was neat to listen to as he described how the body was
right outside the window and just dropped, along with the crowbar. It
was a bad choice. Last bad choice he would make.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5QDIbjo0GI
another recently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXP2...YKZ-&index=114

Every town should have a Sheriff like him.

He may be a great guy, but going by your description I'd be voting him out
ASAP. You make him sound awful.

What is awful about honest facts?

Sounds to some of us like he's glorifying on the spot execution
of alleged criminals. Most of us are content with arrest, trial, then
after that punishment. Punishment commensurate with the crime committed.

There was no alleged. It was a real crime with a real victim and a
real dead guy.

Ever notice how on the news, no matter how obvious guilt seems, the
accused is still the alleged criminal. That's how our laws work.

Couple of weeks ago three people were killed. His people arrested the
killer and he will get a trial. Should be easy as he confessed to it
all.

Seems simple to me. don't break into someone's house and they won't
shoot you. IMO, he is sending that message to potential perps.

Commit a burglary and get no trial and immediate execution.
Even if you were climbing through that window because your key
didn't work because you got confused.

What would you suggest if a burglar is coming into your house? How
about a rapist? Do you ask them to wait until the police come? Or
would a social worker be a better choice?

You guys keep coming back to what I would do.
You're not going to get the answers you want because I live in
a civilized suburb. We don't have burglars and we'll never have
violent rapists.

The police will come quicker than I can get my gun out of a safe.

If you must live in a high crime area I have no problem with shooting
someone trying to harm you. I would recommend warning the attacker
first to avoid any mistakes.

In this case the intruder used a tire iron and was breaking in. His
intention was to do harm. What would you do?

Call the police.
If I had a gun I'd try to get it out of the safe and load it and
then yell, "turn around and leave or I'll shoot".
Then I might shoot the invader.

I would not be reveling in the incident under any circumstance.

--
Dan Espen