Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cliff Topp Cliff Topp is offline

Default Flexible hose for gas cooker

Our old cooker is a New World 55HLG and after many years of great
service it's time to get rid.

I'll not bore you with details but for various reasons we've picked up
a secondhand but pristine New World 55THLG to replace it, so exact same
make and model coming out and going in.

Unfortunately the new one doesn't have a flexible hose fitted so being
as the old one is perfectly fine I'm thinking it should be alright to
swap it to the new cooker.

The wall end is a bayonet fitting so no problem there but, is it just a
case of screwing the hose 'as is' into the cooker end or is there some
special gobbo/gunge/tape that has to be applied to the threads first?