Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default petrol lawnmowers in 2020

On 27/08/2020 14:21, Stephen wrote:
Hello, I have an electric mower but it's not very good: it gets
clogged up with wet grass and long grass will stall the motor. I
keep thinking I should treat myself to a petrol one but a honda
is £400 and I think is it worth it for the few weekends it will
get used each year.

Every now and then I look on web sites to see the prices and when
I was looking today, I saw that there are many rechargeable
mowers now. Thinking about the recent thread about electric cars,
it seems mowers are heading that way too. It might be my last
chance to buy a petrol one!

I wonder how long the batteries last before they need replacing
and how powerful these battery powered mowers are?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...net/index.html

A lot depends on the size and issues of your lawn (do you let it grow
long, for example).

If you find your mains electric inadequate it could be that it is a
rather poor model, or that you are asking too much of it which suggests
petrol might be the way to go.

Modern batteries are becoming a match for i/c engines for smaller
hand-held tools. But typically, mains tools will at least match the
performance of battery ones.