Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default usb storage device for LG TV.

On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 11:42:38 +0100, Tim Lamb
wrote:

In message , Tim Lamb
writes
Still struggling to replace the switching transistor for the aerial
input feeds on my Toppy:-( Surface mount in a limited access space.

Oops. Posted before finished!

My hard drive is nearly full anyway so mostly I am just re-watching
recorded stuff.

Pressing the record button on my TV remote tells me I need to install a
usb storage device.

Any recommendations/advice?

We have a cheap and cheerful:

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/mymemory-...ive-black.html

It sits in an empty tissue box as the flashing LED was annoying.

Works fine and I've dumped loads of photos, music and videos on it as
well.

Note - you can only record the program you are watching - your TV
doesn't have dual tuners I assume.

You can't watch the recordings on any other TV, even an identical LG.

What we use it a lot for is pause, rewind etc. Fortunately our Toppy
is still working.

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?