Posted to rec.woodworking
Hawk Hawk is offline

Default 1/2" CDX

On 8/26/2020 12:24 AM, Bill wrote:
Sonny wrote:
It wasn't too long ago I bought 1/2" CDX for ~$15 a sheet.Â* I have a
nice stock pile of 1/2".... some 5/8" CDX and 5/8" T1-11, also.

Went to get more 1/2" sheets, today, for boarding up my brother's
windows, in the Lake Charles area.Â* Price at Doug Ashy is $32 a sheet,
Home Depot is $30 a sheet, Lowes is $29 a sheet.

Our only consolation is doing some hoodoo, maybe send Laura Leon's
way, since he and folks that way seem to have an affinity for storms
and high water.

Sonny

If you are interested in more details regarding the change in prices,
the following video lays out a pretty detailed analysis (in short, the
lumber companies thought demand was going to go down and produced less,
and demand went up instead):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEdUBITzGCA

Bill

As did the greed.