Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Vomiting after ingestion, and how to do so?

On Tue, 25 Aug 2020 11:35:59 +0100, NY wrote:

The other year when we were in Hamburg, my wife fancied crepes, so we
found a stall in the Christmas market that was selling them. The woman
didn't speak English (one of the few that didn't - I'm ashamed to say
that in general their English was a lot better than my German). My wife
wondered whether they did lemon-juice and sugar. "Sugar" and "juice", I
knew ("Zucker" and "Saft"), but WTF was the word for "lemon"? "Limon"?
No. "Ein gelbes Frucht - etwa zehn Centimeter lang" (a yellow fruit,
about 10 cm long) did the trick. "Ah, Zitrone!" she cried with glee. At
least I didn't have to mime a "sucking a lemon" face! Sadly she didn't
have a Jif lemon, after all that. But I won't forget that word now.

Some years ago, we wanted some bread (won't say where we were yet). I
stayed outside the shop, and SWMBO went in. Through the window I
witnessed all the miscommunication. She had several goes before she got
the right word for the kind of load she wanted. Paying then became
another entertainment. In the end, she held out a handful of coins and
the shop assistant took what they needed.

Where were we?

Gateshead.