Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive Arthur[_2_] Clive Arthur[_2_] is offline

Default The mechanical bettery

On 24/08/2020 11:10, N_Cook wrote:

snip

Wasn't there a totally above the rail (no counterweights below)
gyro-stabilised monorail system somewhere, Ireland ISTR?

There was a 'Lartigue' monorail which was effectively a train straddling
a raised rail as if it were a wall, but no gyro one that I'm aware of.

There was talk a few years ago among some local enthusiasts of building
a Brennan monorail in or near Castlebar Co. Mayo where Brennan was born.
I don't know where that got to, I'm guessing it didn't make it past the
talking stage.

--
Cheers
Clive