Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default corrugated asbestos garage roof, how to spread my weight?

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 24/08/2020 10:12, charles wrote:
I really think people are far too panic stricken about asbestos. It
takes a lifetimes exposure to a lot of dust to **** your lungs up.

Perhaps, but perhaps not. I had a friend who died of it, but had no idea
how he came into contact.

Died of what? Asbestosis requires *long term* exposure, and an autopsy
that reveals fibres in the lungs, but there are plenty of lung diseases
that mimic it. Car brake dust is another fairly common cause.

He ddin't own a car. And yes, there weew fibles in thenlungs.

Living in asbestos roofed houses is not.

Agreed

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England