Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Replacement CH boiler - internal plumbing plastic?

In article ,
Rob Graham wrote:
I'm replacing my 25 year old oil Camray boiler with a Grants condensing
one. The return pipe (22mmm) particularly will now go from close to the
bottom of the housing to the top involving 3 right angle bends over an
~800mm pipe run .

Could I do this in plastic piping to ease all this contortion?

This inside the boiler? Have you ever seen a boiler with internal plastic
pipes?

To be fair, I find bending copper with a proper pipe bender ones of life's
simple pleasures.

I find wrapping PTFE tape around an olive more satisfying.....