Essjay001

Default ReedBed for sewage treatment...

The Question Asker wrote:
Hi not strictly a DIY Q's but thought I would just ask. We are soon to
renovate an old barn tho there's a few things

1) The local planning department is opposing the development on the
grounds that it will cause negative impacts on the surrounding area
(At present the barn is falling down and if nothing is done it will
be lost)

I fail to see how a well presented revovation will cause a negative inmpact.
A rotting old barn is an eyesore. There was a similar situation in Wroughton
nr Swindon with the LA refusing to give permission to renovate an old barn
right in the middle of town. Some kids (I assume) burned it to the ground.
Problem solved. However if someone is prepared to make the effort I feel the
LA is overstepping their mandate. Touch of the old "I'm in charge" I think.
Steve R

---
One piece, one button suit, timeless fashion. All made by the same
manufacturer, no designer label, everybody has one.