Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Samsung phone write cycle count app?

Mike S wrote:

I have a friend whose phone slowed down quite a bit, he did the usual
stuff (clear cache, remove unneeded apps including stuff running in the
background) but it's still frustratingly slow. It's a Samsung and it's 4
years old and he uses it a lot.

** Google the topic.

I have read that such phones slow down by design as they get old, yep phones do know how old they are. Makers claim it is to preserve running time on a battery that has lost capacity - as Lithium types all do.

Others suspect it is to make you buy a new phone...

..... Phil