Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Reproofing solution have I been had?

Sounds like their idea was to remelt whatever was on there and hope it
bunged up the leaks, Ahem they had obviously never dealth with British rain.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in message
My caravans awning was leaking slightly, on its last trip out, so I
decided to have a go at reproofing it...

I bought a gallon of a solution described as suitable for reproofing
canvas and manmade type canvasses. Following the instructions I set the
caravan and its awning up, to support the awning whilst I applied it,
giving the material a thorough soaking in the solution. I then left it up
to dry thoroughly. Eventually it rained and I was able to check to see how
much difference it had made.

It wasn't any better. The label on the container was marked UN1300/1, that
code suggests it is nothing more than turpentine substitute - am I correct
please, before I start ranting at the chemical company selling the
solution? UN1300 is turps substitute, but what might be the /1 on the end
of the number?