Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fixing a toaster - am I on to a loser here?

On Thu, 20 Aug 2020 00:40:35 -0700 (PDT), Halmyre wrote:

(it doesn't do thick bread or crumpets, though, which is why we

got a
new one), ...

Er isn't that what a grill is for? Ah I guess with a modern

worktop
hob and a builtin oven you don't get a grill...

Well, we've got a built-in double oven; the top oven can be used as a
grill but it's a horribly inefficient way of making toast, takes ages to
get to temperature, ...

Do you preheat your toaster? Or just bung the bread in it a press
"go".
Kitchen timer 6 mins for our grill.

... only does one side at a time ...

True enough but that doesn't bother me. B-)

... and will carbonise your toast in the blink of an eye if you're not
watching it like a hawk.

So would your toaster if it didn't have an automatic (but unreliable)
built in timer. "Unreliable" in that a second toasting straight after
the first "will carbonise your toast in the blink of an eye if you're
not
watching it like a hawk". B-)

--
Cheers