Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacement CH boiler - internal plumbing plastic?

On Fri, 21 Aug 2020 11:03:25 +0100, Michael Chare wrote:

From next month you should be able to get some fincancial support for a
new boiler from the government. Getting the grant for a DIY install may
be a challenge but if you do manage I would certainly like to know!

Zero chance of getting a grant for DIY I would have thought. These
grants are paid direct to a "professional installer" who also has to
be registered on the relevant scheme and/or a member of a relevant
professional body and/or safety organisation.

We had our boiler replaced under some such scheme using a
"professional installer". This "professional" installed the magnetic
filter thing with the flow going the wrong way. Terminated the flue
below and too close to an opening window. Cracked the internal
condensate reservoir/trap so it leaked.

The first two they sorted out after an inspection, the cracked
condensate trap I had to sort via the boilers warranty.

I do wish there was a DIY option for these schemes but I can
understand why there isn't.

--
Cheers
Dave.