Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael_A_Terrell Michael_A_Terrell is offline

Default Help please with PWM sewing machine pedal

Paul Drahn wrote:

I bought one of those for my wife almost 60 years ago. She still uses it
for all her sewing. I bought a complete rebuild kit a few years ago and
still have the leftover pieces. The biggest problem is lint and dust
collection, but you have taken care of that.

Have you actually tried sewing cloth with the machine. My wife seldom
operates it at full speed. Sewing with the machine is an art, not a race.

And the foot control is a wire-wound resistor with a slider.

My mother hated those. She would have me install one of the carbon
pile type, because it gave a smoother control. I would save the old ones
and add a few extra disks to them to return them to like new condition.
The wirewound controller changes speed in steps, not in a linear
fashion. I also replaced old motors when they no longer had enough
torque for thicker material. She sewed six to ten hours a day, and wore
out eight commercial grade machines.

--
Never **** off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.