Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Help please with PWM sewing machine pedal

Paul Drahn wrote:

=================

I bought one of those for my wife almost 60 years ago. She still uses it
for all her sewing. I bought a complete rebuild kit a few years ago and
still have the leftover pieces. The biggest problem is lint and dust
collection, but you have taken care of that.

Have you actually tried sewing cloth with the machine. My wife seldom
operates it at full speed. Sewing with the machine is an art, not a race.

And the foot control is a wire-wound resistor with a slider.

** Some Singer models use that and others have triac controllers.

One I saw recently had an "air controller" - model 6233.

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/85245157

Yep, the foot pedal fed compressed air to the machine via a rubber tube.

https://www.perfecttimingsewing.com/...oot-controller

Not sure how that activated a triac circuit.

...... Phil