Posted to alt.home.repair

Default hooks into concrete wall

On Fri, 21 Aug 2020 09:35:30 -0700 (PDT), TimR
wrote:

On Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 10:53:59 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I would go to Harbor Fright and get a cheap hammer drill. If you are
really drilling concrete as much as your 2 posts indicate you will be
a lot happier. You can drill into block with a regular drill but
concrete is tougher.

That's what I did to anchor my new sill plate. $25 at Walmart, and the difference between that and trying to use a regular drill is night and day.

For these "once in a blue moon" users I would suggest getting a cheap
hammer drill from Harbor Fright. They have one for $23 and if you can
find a coupon it is probably more like $18-19.