Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimk Jimk is offline

Default Bosch spares

Tim Lamb Wrote in message:
In message , charles
writes
In article ,
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Andy Burns
writes
Tim Lamb wrote:

Did you see the price £46.00 plus postage!

Well you didn't mention a particular model, so I picked a random
circular saw and it was £17 + P&P for the armature, which seemed
reasonable.

PFZ 600 E (reciprocating saw.) There seems a huge market for replacement
blade holders so there must be lots about.

I've got one of those, too.

Checking the commutator resistances I found some very strange readings.
Can't blame Bosch as I think some grit or a small pebble had abraded and
actually broken some of the windings!
Not the easiest item to replace as totally disassembling the plunge
drive mechanism is necessary to release the armature. All well larded in
grease!

Not this evening as I am about to practice microwaving corn on the
cob:-)

Is that a euphemism?
--
Jimk