Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default seeking modular plastic 'sub-trays' for tradesman's fastener case

On Fri, 21 Aug 2020 00:11:20 -0700 (PDT), jkn
wrote:

On Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 9:55:38 PM UTC+1, Theo wrote:
jkn wrote:
Hi all
you know those flat metal 'Tradesman's' cases you get of screws etc -
with several plastic 'sub-trays' of different colours and interlocking
sizes. for the different sized fasteners?

Any idea where I could get sets of (cheap) replacement sub-trays? I have
only found them costing several pounds per tray, even on eBay. There must
be someone who sells a knock-off variant. I have a couple of empty cases
I want to fill...

No idea if it's the sort of thing you mean, but:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000148629309.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32998017798.html

and similar sets of interlocking parts.

Theo

Hi Theo

Are you very old or think you are writing a letter? No one 'switched
on' indents margins on letters these days, let alone emails or Usenet!

To confound T i m's mis-prediction, I thank you.

Of course you would ... ;-)

They are not really what I am looking for (The 'bins' need to be a particular sizing, for starters),
but that is a useful spot in any case.

Yeah, of course it is. Something that doesn't do what you want (not
knocking Theo's efforts of course, any more than anyone else who has
offered 'help'), compared with the d-i-y solution of making some
yourself that would do *exactly* what you *need*, even if not in the
way you *want*.

J^n, on Usenet since 1992...

And still think it's 1892. ;-)

Yours sincerely,