Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sticky Black Rubber

On Fri, 21 Aug 2020 08:11:35 +0100, Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:

No its been an issue for years, some shavers cameras binoculars and
sundry other things even portable radios do this. Its not a cheap
Chinese crap problem its the actual material used that leaches the very
substance that makes it feel like rubber.

Leaches from where?

The stupid "soft touch" coating degrades over time normally fairly
slowly as in years but I note that the coating on the trimmer that
SWMBO'd used to cut my hair a month or so back has now gone sticky.
It was fine before and several years old. She uses hand cream, I
don't...

As for cleaning up, the last object I had that suffered this problem
responded well to meths, blue paper roll and elbow grease. The
trimmer is in line for the same.

--
Cheers
Dave.