Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_3_] Dan Espen[_3_] is offline

Default Casette Tape vs Online Music continuous play

Xeno writes:

On 21/8/20 7:37 am, Dan Espen wrote:
micky writes:

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 20 Aug 2020 05:10:24 -0700 (PDT), bruce
bowser wrote:

The thing is, I never really bothered or let alone perfected recording
with much CD burning or thumb drive use strictly for audio, at least.
I have three thumb drives and they're all practically empty.

Unefortunately for me, my car radio plays only audio CDs, not MP3s
etc. and you can't get many songs on an audio CD.

I never knew my car radio/CD player handled DATA CDs with MP3s until I
tried it. You can typically get 700 MP3 tracks on a data CD.

I tried it but eventually found out the radio has an 8 bit processor so
song count overflows at 255, so I can only play 255 tracks on each CD.

Have you tried putting the files into folders limited to 255 or less?
I had that issue with mine and solved it with multiple folders.

Yes, I started out with the files in folders.
The folders counted too toward the limit of 255.
Interesting, I guess it all depends on who wrote the software for the radio.

So, I adjusted the software I wrote to randomly spread the collection
over the CDs to change the filename from just trackname to
trackname-artist-album. The longer filenames don't cause a problem.
The actual track/artist/album I put in the EXIF data in the file
so that the radio can display all that information.
The radio can display filename, track name, artist name, or album.

--
Dan Espen