Posted to alt.home.repair
Xeno Xeno is offline

Default Casette Tape vs Online Music continuous play

On 21/8/20 7:37 am, Dan Espen wrote:
micky writes:

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 20 Aug 2020 05:10:24 -0700 (PDT), bruce
bowser wrote:

The thing is, I never really bothered or let alone perfected recording
with much CD burning or thumb drive use strictly for audio, at least.
I have three thumb drives and they're all practically empty.

Unefortunately for me, my car radio plays only audio CDs, not MP3s
etc. and you can't get many songs on an audio CD.

I never knew my car radio/CD player handled DATA CDs with MP3s until I
tried it. You can typically get 700 MP3 tracks on a data CD.

I tried it but eventually found out the radio has an 8 bit processor so
song count overflows at 255, so I can only play 255 tracks on each CD.

Have you tried putting the files into folders limited to 255 or less? I
had that issue with mine and solved it with multiple folders.

Still that's enough for me to get all of my collection on 31 CDs.
I typically play the same CD 2 or 3 times before I get bored and switch
to the next CD. I'm really happy with this solution. I really detest
radio and it's commercials.

I wrote some software to pick random tracks and spread them over
all 31 CDs so I don't have to listen to the same artist day after day.

My car is getting a little old now. I'm able to keep a full backup
of all my music on 1 USB stick but the car won't play from USB, only
that Apple thing.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)