Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Casette Tape vs Online Music continuous play

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 20 Aug 2020 19:39:02 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 20 Aug 2020 18:21:09 -0400, Dan Espen
wrote:

You know for under $15 there are things that plug into the cigarette
lighter that transmit to the radio.

Nope, didn't know that.

I have a couple I can send you but they are pretty flaky. If you are
in an area where there is a pretty wide band without any other FM
stations they seem to be OK. In an urban area with a crowded dial, not
so much.

In Baltimore, 90.5 is vacant. I think 90.3 and 90.7 are too, or at
least only have some small noises. . 90.1 is C-Span Radio, that most
car radios but only a few home radios can receive.

Also the range of those cigarette lighter things goes one or two**
notches above and below the FM band and my radios go that high and low,
even though I dont' think there are any FM stations that do.

**TWo notches on the gizmo, which goes up and down 0.1 mHz at a time.
That's one notch on the radio that goes 0.2 mHz at a time.

For one reason or another, for me the gizmo worked fine.

I tried all sorts of stuff before I got a real player. My
original setup used a dummy tape cassette playing from line out of the
PC. My Honda had an "Aux In" so it was easy.