Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Casette Tape vs Online Music continuous play

On Thu, 20 Aug 2020 17:37:58 -0400, Dan Espen
wrote:

micky writes:

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 20 Aug 2020 05:10:24 -0700 (PDT), bruce
bowser wrote:

The thing is, I never really bothered or let alone perfected recording
with much CD burning or thumb drive use strictly for audio, at least.
I have three thumb drives and they're all practically empty.

Unefortunately for me, my car radio plays only audio CDs, not MP3s
etc. and you can't get many songs on an audio CD.

I never knew my car radio/CD player handled DATA CDs with MP3s until I
tried it. You can typically get 700 MP3 tracks on a data CD.

I tried it but eventually found out the radio has an 8 bit processor so
song count overflows at 255, so I can only play 255 tracks on each CD.

Try loading the songs in a subdirectory. That is probably a limit on
the number of files you can put in the root.

You are also not getting 700 MP3s on a 700MB disk unless they are
painfully compressed, like mono 64kb or something. Typically they are
a meg a minute.