Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Casette Tape vs Online Music continuous play

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 20 Aug 2020 05:10:24 -0700 (PDT), bruce
bowser wrote:

The thing is, I never really bothered or let alone perfected recording with much CD burning or thumb drive use strictly for audio, at least. I have three thumb drives and they're all practically empty.

Unefortunately for me, my car radio plays only audio CDs, not MP3s etc.
and you can't get many songs on an audio CD.

Previous car had a CD changer. It was a 2000 Toyota and the changer
worked until about 2014 (though it jammed 3 times. Once I freed it up
by pressing a lot of buttons and twice I had to take it out of the car
and fiddle with it. The 4th time, in 2014 I had to rip the guts out to
retrieve my CDs.

This car has a screen with a map and GPS and behind it is one slot to
play a CD and another slot that holds a CD with the map on it. For a
couple years I t hought the map was inadequate because it's from 2005,
and I wanted to connect the screen to my phone. That can't be done, but
the map in the car is pretty good after all.

They sold newer map CDs on ebay. but only 3 or 4 and only up to 2008
when I guesss they were driven out of business by google maps, and the
CDs they sold were 30 or 40 dollars. Worth it if I had no CD at all,
but not just to get a map that's 2 or 3 years newer.