CBHVAC

Default new central air conditioning...CBHVAC et. all 2 more questions please!!!

"KJ1" wrote in message
Hi CBHVAC,

Thanks for the reply.

NP..

I wasn't referring to the J and D manual as slang. In gerneral some of

the
replies I was reading to others, some of them were worded in such a way, a
non-installer/HVAC person wouldn't understand. But J and D manual, I do
understand that this is what must be used to calc what is proper for any
particular home.

And if its a heat pump, manual T, instead of J.
D still applies.

I will demand a manual J and D. Thanks for the inf. I just needed to

know
my demand was reasonable, so if one of these guys tries to blow me off
(like the second one did) I can be confident that he has the problem and

not
me, thanks.

Bingo.

I can be quite demanding and thorough without blinking, as long as I know

am right. Now that I do, I am going to make certain this is done, if not,
like you said "no J, no D, no job".

You forgot one thing...

Get out.

LOL

Thank you again so much, now I can approach these guys with much more
confidence and knowledget and be happy with my choice, knowing that it is
done correctly.

Two more things:

(1) Should I be asking for a copy of this document (J and D manual
calc) just to make sure? Not that I would know all of what it is saying,
but in general, to look it over, that they did their job with the

measuring
and all? In other words, is it reasonable for a costomer to ask for this
documentation? I am concerned that if I do, they will be like "we don't
want others to see or use it or whatever"?

IF, and thats IF they used a computer program, it will be clear as to what
it says, if its the long form, hand, its gonna be clear too...read the last
few lines on either and it will tell you total BTUs in heating, and cooling
needed. The colling side will be the actual load, and the heating side will
be the BTUs needed to properly heat the home under the condtions they
applied for your particular situation.
Remember, 12,000 BTUs, equals one ton, so a 3 ton unit will be 36,000....and
there are NO 4.5 ton or 5.5 tone res units.
Getting a copy? Yes...and no. Depends on the contractor, and if hes the only
one doing them. See below on #2.

(2) Is there a fee? I thought I saw one one of these posts that the
calc should not be additional in charge. Please clear that on one up for
me.

I charge a fee..its not high. ITs about $120 for total time and such. IF,
and thats IF I get the job, you get a copy. If I dont think I stand a chance
after meeting with you with the quotes, I dont do the homework for the other
guy.
You still pay. IF, I get the job, the 120 is credited towards the new unit.
No sense in you paying twice.

Thanks again in advance.

God bless,
KJ

"CBHVAC" same @as.it.was.com wrote in message

"KJ1" wrote in message

Hi there,

Both my contractors took measurements around the furnace, but none in

any
rooms. One "mentioned" manual J, but said he had been 'doing this for

30
years, so he knew what he was doing.

30 years..BAH.
So?
He obviously has seen the new manual J, and hasnt a clue.

Well, now please people, no shop-slang here!!!! I am new and want

this
done
right!!

Then you need to demand a manual J, and D.
Thats not slang, thats what its called.

Should I be ASKING/TELLING/DEMANDING they perform a J manual calc and

see
them measuring each room, et. or should I just drop them if they don't

whip
out measuring tape and start calculating? I need to know how to

approach
this J manual and D or T calc. so I am not missing something very
important. From what you all are saying, this seems to be one of the

most
important things in terms of proper installation.

This is very simple.
No J, No D, no job.

Let me ask you something. Do you own a car? Ok..sure you do. Would you

buy
car that did not fit your needs? IF you own horses, would you buy a

Hyundai
for pulling your 5th wheel horse trailer? Of course not....dont let some
pushy cheap ass ******* come in and tell you that you are GOING to buy

this,
without knowing the homes needs first.

Me being a female, alone when doing this and totally inexperienced in

any
form of HVAC, I would like to know what should be expected in terms of

this.

You have discovered what so many have....they want the easy way to get

your
money.
Make the *******s work for it.

Thank you for all advice.

God bless,
KJ

Verify licence, and insurance.
"CBHVAC" same @as.it.was.com wrote in message

Google. This gets asked 200 times a month it seems.

Bottom line, make it easy for you:

The installer, not the brand, makes the difference.

Do not let anyone install the unit that does not perform a manual J,

and
or T (heat pump calc) on your home to insure it is sized correctly,

as
there
ARE NO RULES OF THUMB in this trade.

Verify licence, and insurance.