Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default seeking modular plastic 'sub-trays' for tradesman's fastener case

On 20/08/2020 17:09, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 20 Aug 2020 08:53:36 -0700 (PDT), jkn
wrote:

Hi all
you know those flat metal 'Tradesman's' cases you get of screws etc - with several plastic 'sub-trays' of different colours and interlocking sizes. for the different sized fasteners?

I do ...

Any idea where I could get sets of (cheap) replacement sub-trays?

I think we might need to know the make of the case to be able to
recommend a properly matching sub tray?

I have only found them costing several pounds per tray, even on eBay.

Ouch.

There must be someone who sells a knock-off variant. I have a couple of empty cases I want to fill...

Sounds like the ideal use of a 3D printer ... or a saw, some hardboard
and hot melt glue?

Cheers, T i m

Yup, easiest way might be to make up some fixed dividers of the size and
shape that you want. Apart from hardboard you could use polycarbonate or
some other polymer sheet. If you really want removable "cups" then find
or recycle something suitable (e.g. bottom half of screw-top herb or
pill bottles) and stop them sliding about by making fixed dividers to fit.