Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

Default seeking modular plastic 'sub-trays' for tradesman's fastener case

On Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 5:09:04 PM UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 20 Aug 2020 08:53:36 -0700 (PDT), jkn
wrote:
Hi all
you know those flat metal 'Tradesman's' cases you get of screws etc - with several plastic 'sub-trays' of different colours and interlocking sizes. for the different sized fasteners?

I do ...

Any idea where I could get sets of (cheap) replacement sub-trays?

I think we might need to know the make of the case to be able to
recommend a properly matching sub tray?
I have only found them costing several pounds per tray, even on eBay.

Ouch.
There must be someone who sells a knock-off variant. I have a couple of empty cases I want to fill...

Sounds like the ideal use of a 3D printer ... or a saw, some hardboard
and hot melt glue?

Cheers, T i m

Well, my assumption (correct I *think*) is that they are a standard size - as I say, I am taking it to be a
modular system with some commonality.

'Sorta-case' seems to be the generic form. I've seen a list of dimensions:

45mm, 63mm & 83mm Deep
54 x 54 mm Orange
54 x 108mm Yellow
108 x 108mm Blue
54 x 216mm Green
108 x 162mm Green
108 x 216mm Red

If my assumption turns out to be incorrect, then yes, I do have a backup path involving 3mm MDF
and hot-melt glue. But I suspect there are (removeable) alternatives to that, hence the Question:...

J^n