Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default DIY Dentistry

On 20/08/2020 20:22, Max Demian wrote:
On 20/08/2020 16:40, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

Which is why all of the high-tech equipment that every NHS hospital
utterly depends on was developed and made in a country that simply
does NOT have a free-for-all 'NHS' health care system. And that means
primarily the USA, but also Israel, Germany, Japan, Denmark, Finland
and other places.

The USA kit exists *because* of the profit motive. If you design and
build a laboratory analyser that does more or better tests, or needs
fewer expensive people to operate it, then it will sell like hot cakes
to the USA home market.

Those companies then become global companies selling them all around
the world.

all very true greed fuels progress....just look at the price of dental
implants they charge fortunes because they can....I'm waiting for
Implants R Us.....and the market to be decimated in the same way fancy
overpriced opticians were all undercut.....

I think you can get a full set of permanent dentures (top and bottom)
for £20k which sounds quite reasonable, though I'm not sure how good
they would be or how much maintenance is required.

jeezus what a rip off