Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What's wrong with the world. (was DIY Dentistry)

Yes, I'm not so worried about Johnson, but Trump and some of the extreme
right and left wing folks out there who make boris look like Pudsey bear by
comparison. Some would actually suggest older and disabled people should be
allowed to die.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 18/08/2020 23:06, michael adams wrote:

Which does of course depend on how you view the current pandemic. The
greatest
ever threat to civilisation and the word economy as we know it, or the
greatest
ever hoax and/or load of bulll****.

michael adams

Why does everything have to be binary? Is it some pervasive consequence of
having a digital world?

The truth lies somewhere in between. Covid is quite a serious threat, we
don't yet know quite how serious. AIDS turned out not to be as bad as it
could have been, at least in the more developed parts of the world.

Climate change is worth keeping an eye on, although to my mind the real
benefits might be in air pollution and the cost of current policies is
certainly significant.

Both Thatcher and Blair had some good policies.

The trouble with the binary view is that it gave us Hitler, Stalin, and
Mao, and it gives us Trump and Johnson now. It's easy to sell a simple
proposition, much more difficult to present a balanced view.