Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Band saw guide rollers

Or get quite a few made and flog the surplus on ebay?

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"T i m" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 10:03:53 -0700 (PDT), petek
wrote:

The blade guide rollers on my c.40 year old Burgess bandsaw are badly worn
and because of it's age replacement guide rollers appear unavailable. They
appear to be made of nylon, 13mm o/d, 5mm i/d, 10mm long.

Measured with what OOI?

I'm sure Steve on "The Repair Shop" would just turn up a suitable bit of
nylon in the wink of an eye, but I haven't got a lathe like he has!

Few have these days.

Or as much skill for that matter!

It's mostly practice.

Has anybody any idea how I could get a couple made?

Any job like that is likely to cost more than the saw cost to replace
(these days) so it's down to finding someone with one and some nylon
stock that wants to do it for the S&G's.

I wonder how well some 3D printed ones would work? I'm only setup for
PLA and they would be very easy to design / print [1] but it depends
how much friction was on them and how hot they got as to how long they
might last?

If we are confident in the dimensions I'm happy to print you some (4?)
and stick em in the post?

Failing that, when I get round to the end of my own list and near my
lathe ...

Cheers, T i m

[1]
Open Sketchup
Draw circle radius 2.5mm
Draw concentric circle radius 6.5mm
Delete inner 'hole'.
Drag ring up 10mm to form tube.
Export as .stl.
Open Repetior Host and select previous file.
Duplicate 1 to 4 off.
Select 100% infill.
Slice with Slic3r
Save .gcode file to SD card.
Put SD card in 3D printer and select file, print.
10 mins later, pick up 3d objects created out of nowhere!