Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default What's wrong with the world. (was DIY Dentistry)

On 19/08/2020 20:20, michael adams wrote:
"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...

Why does everything have to be binary? Is it some pervasive consequence of having a
digital world?

The trouble with the binary view is that it gave us Hitler, Stalin, and Mao,

So that for you, with Hitler, Stalin, and Mao it's not an open and shut case then ?

Unlike "binary" people who condemn them out of hand, for you they also had their good
points.

Which then raises the question as to why you chose them as an example in the first place.

Does it not ?

michael adams

I pick them as examples because they came to power in broadly the same
same way as Johnson, Trump, and the other current populists. They
successfully sold a single big lie.

Mussolini might have been a better example than Stalin. They probably
all had some good points, but their standing in history really does not
look very good. I think it is unlikely that this will ever be
substantially reversed.